HOWTO recover mail in maildir(s) from backup onto new server

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sat Sep 8 02:45:04 EDT 2012

On Sat, 8 Sep 2012, John Mok wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Due to RAID crash, we have a new server to replace the old one. I would
> like to someone to advise how to recover those old mails in maildir(s)
> from backup onto the new server ?

If you have the full backup, then you should be able to recover the entire
Cyrus mail spool, including the config directory.  I recommend running
reconstruct on every mailbox after you restore the files.

Maybe someone else on the list has more detailed recommendations...  Feel
free to post any errors you are seeing and we'll try to help!

 	Andy