lost quota root

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Sep 3 05:23:45 EDT 2012

Hi,

after Upgrading Cryrus 2.3.16 to 2.4.16 we discovered a problem with quota.
The QUOTAROOT information seems to get lost. We use quotalegacy as
quota_db backend.

Here is the telemetry logging with lost quotaroot:
<1346654675<000000b0 GETQUOTAROOT INBOX
> 1346654675>* QUOTAROOT INBOX
             000000b0 OK Completed

A quota -f user/USERID shows many lines in the form

user.USERID: quota root (none) --> user.USERID
user.USERID.SUBFOLDER1: quota root (none) --> user.USERID
user.USERID.SUBFOLDER2: quota root (none) --> user.USERID
user.USERID: usage was X, now Y

After this the problem is fixed:
<1346655162<0000008a GETQUOTAROOT INBOX
> 1346655162>* QUOTAROOT INBOX INBOX
             * QUOTA INBOX (STORAGE 1380998 2048000)
             0000008a OK Completed

The output of quota -f indicated that most/all mailboxes had lost the
quota root. This has happened twice in the last 2 weeks after upgrade.

As we sometimes had problems with corrupted mailboxes in 2.3.x,
we run "reconstruct -r -G user" and "quota -f user" each weekend.
Can this be the root of the problem? Some old mails indicate that you
had to run quota -f twice. But this bug should be fixed since 2.4.10

How can i debug this problem further?

Regards

     Michael Menge

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen