Updating a mailbox to shared-seen-mode?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 25 15:14:46 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012, at 08:20 PM, Robert Linden wrote:
> My expectation was, that then all users would see the same seen-flag
> that the mailbox owner sees, i.e. all messages would be "seen" for everyone,
> because they have all been seen by the owner.

Sorry, in 2.3 the "shared" seen flag is stored in the "anyone.seen" database, so you lose all seen data when switching.

In 2.4, shared seen is the same as the owner's seen when you switch, which IMHO makes much mores sense.

Unfortunately, we're not going to backport that behaviour to 2.3.  It was a very invasive change to how mailboxes work.  Sorry.

Bron.