Modifying Cyrus IMAP to ease a migration to Gmail?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Wed Oct 3 11:24:44 EDT 2012

>  servers and to the systems we have running the GAMME tool.  For the
> custom front-end server I think it should be possible to modify the
> source code that handles the authorization to bypass the normal
> process.

There is no need to modify any code;  SASL can already do this.  A user
can have multiple passwords, so if one of those matches your global
password.

If your Cyrus install supports saslauthd for PLAIN/LOGIN authentication
and saslauthd is using PAM you can add the pam_allow [which always
succeeds] or some other module, PAM modules stack and one can be marked
as 'sufficient'.