Migrating seen database

Puthick Hok hputhick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 19:59:39 EST 2012

Hi,

I am migrating my cyrus imap from the current server with cyrus 2.3.7
to a new server with better hardware running cyrus 2.3.16.

I've googled for the command to dump the seen database in
/var/lib/imap/user/... without success. I have played with some the
cyrus command on my inbox and it made all my emails unread.
Fortunately, only my inbox is affected. It's scary. I have copied the
binary files including the sub database. The subscription or subfolder
(sub database) seems to ok but the seen database is not very good.
Some of my sub folders get all emails unread which is wrong.

My work around if I cannot find a way to copy the seen database would
be ask everyone to create a folder called Read and create a
Thunderbird rule to move all read emails to this folder prior to
migration. However, there should be a better way than this, except
that I don't know it.

I hope someone can give me some advices to deal with this problem.

Regards,
Puthick