new releases

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 13 07:29:51 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012, at 11:34 AM, Deniss wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what schedule for new releases ?
> there is a lot of fixes for 2.4.17 already in tree
> and 2.5.0 has some wanted features to try

I'm planning to work on 2.5 a lot in the next month.  It's item 3 on my top-6 list poster stuck to the wall of my office!

I want to cut a 2.4.17 release quite soon.

> BTW question to Brong:
> where http://git.cyrusimap.org/cyrus-imapd/log/ and
> https://github.com/brong/cyrus-imapd/tree/fastmail differs

OMG - hundreds of things at the moment.  I want to backport a lot from fastmail for 2.5 - there's some cleanups in there, particularly from Greg's work.

Also - all the conversations stuff, all the pusher stuff (google protocol buffers magic for pushing append notifications), all the new search stuff, which is quite unfinished.

Of course, you'd have to be somewhat insane and/or an experienced Cyrus programmer to want to run our fastmail branch yourself.  Unlike the stuff that goes back to master, we really don't care if it works for any configuration other than the one we are running.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm