Cyrus replication scaling

Egoitz Aurrekoetxea egoitz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 06:19:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have a mailbox machine with near 6000 users. This machine is having some
delay on the replication. I'm debugging the replication and have seen twice
some problems with two users in they're seen database which I solved
basically removing the seen databases of this two users and running a
reconstruct -r -f (later seen invocations have worked for one unless of
this users). This machine has been created by doing manual replications of
two servers that where running cyrusimap 2.3.14 and this new one runs
2.3.18 which has the delays (although in greetings sais is 2.3.16, I assume
perhaps this has forgotten to be changed in some banner field at code). Is
there any advise for speeding replication?. I have sync_repeat_interval to
one second (default). Is it normal replication to have some delay on
perhaps busy servers?. We have joined two servers in one.... and have a
master-slave replication now.

Thanks a lot for you're answer in advance.
Bye!

--
Egoitz Aurrekoetxea