ipurge problem

jayesh.shinde jayesh.shinde at netcore.co.in
Fri Mar 9 02:40:03 EST 2012

Hi all ,

I am Cyrus 2.4.6-5 , and having the query about how ipurge works.

RPM details :--
------------------
cyrus-imapd-2.4.6-5
cyrus-imapd-utils-2.4.6-5
Cyrus-imapd-devel-2.4.6-5

My Query :--
----------------
I am using below command to delete the older 7 days emails.

/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/ipurge -X -d 7 -f user/user1 at example.com
<mailto:user/sunil.jain at vgmail.in>

in man ipurge  -d   days Age of message in days.
                          -X  Use delivery time instead of Date: header
for date matches

I want to know how the -X option find the deliver time of every emails.
i.e from which DB ?
Where the deliver time maintain , or ipurge check every email's header. ?

The problem is when this command run , its delete the emails from 4, 5,
6, 7, 8 March and keep 2 & 3 March

On my server when this above command run the , the deliver.db was new one.
what will happen if -X don't find the related database ?

Regards
Jayesh Shinde