Questions around moving from 2.2.12 to 2.4.12

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Mar 6 14:01:11 EST 2012

Am 06.03.2012 16:44, schrieb Adam Tauno Williams:
> On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 16:43 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>>> Don't forget -H to keep hard links from single instance store. Else
>>> destination disk usage will increase.
>> The mentioned howto
>> http://cynici.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/how-to-migrate-32-bit-cyrus-imapd-mailboxes-to-64-bit/
>> uses "-aP" ...   so you recommend "-aPH" ?
>> I don't care much about disk usage, and my tests didn't show significant
>> increase. I haven't set any hard links there by myself, does cyrus
>> itself use them?
>
> Yes, singeinstancestore uses hard links to keep a copy of the same
> message in multiple mailboxes.

ok, did that-

I am UP and running on the new system.

Only issue: the SEEN-flags didn't quite come over correctly, at least
for my accounts .... (does it correspond w/ the client?).

I assume my users will have to live with it. period.
System is up and users access mailboxes already, so ...

Could I somehow get rid of these lines in /var/log/messages :

fetching user_deny.db entry .....

Reduce log level?

Thank you all for your support!

Stefan