Questions around moving from 2.2.12 to 2.4.12

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Mar 6 10:43:17 EST 2012

Am 06.03.2012 15:06, schrieb Reinaldo de Carvalho:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at> wrote:
>>
>> Wouldn't that mean that I overwrite stuff with older files?
>>
>> rsync -av  .... without "--delete", correct?
>>

> Don't forget -H to keep hard links from single instance store. Else
> destination disk usage will increase.

The mentioned howto

http://cynici.wordpress.com/2010/12/06/how-to-migrate-32-bit-cyrus-imapd-mailboxes-to-64-bit/

uses "-aP" ...   so you recommend "-aPH" ?

I don't care much about disk usage, and my tests didn't show significant
increase. I haven't set any hard links there by myself, does cyrus
itself use them?

Thanks, Stefan (ps: in 2hrs I will switch over things ... *sigh* )