Questions around moving from 2.2.12 to 2.4.12

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Thu Mar 1 05:50:26 EST 2012

Am 01.03.2012 11:11, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> Am 01.03.2012 11:01, schrieb Nikos Gatsis:
>
>> Yup!
>> I migrate from fedora 8 to fedora 16, I cant recall the cyrus versions,
>> without problem.
>> I love cyrus, never had I problem!
>
> I saw no problems yesterday with only copying stuff over.
>
> But cleaning up things and somehow regenerating structures might be good
> at this point, yes.

Sigh, another thing:

I can't connect to cyrus via cyradm:

$ cyradm --user cyrus localhost
verify error:num=19:self signed certificate in certificate chain
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: authentication failure at
/usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.12.4/x86_64-linux/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm
line 120
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with  as cyrus

I assume it might have to do with saslauthd?

I don't want to try around right now as stuff authenticates OK against it.

Why does it ask "IMAP Password" ? It should read from sasldb, correct?

Please advise, thank you.