Self compiled Cyrus 2.4.16 does not talk to self compiled Cyrus SASL 2.1.25

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Jun 19 06:05:33 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 11:17 +0200, Eric Luyten wrote:
> (hitting the same wall over and over again when upgrading)
> Cyrus SASL is working/looking in /var/state/saslauthd all
> right, but Cyrus 2.4 appears to be writing elsewhere, and
> we cannot find out where exactly.

Are you sure it is loading your compiled libraries and not your
distributions 'defacto' ones?  [ldd /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/imapd - your
should see a reference to your SASL libraries]

BTW - why are you self-compiling?  Really good packages exist for lots
of distributions.

> Have tried 'saslauthd_path' option in /etc/imapd.conf to
> no avail.

So when you run testsaslauthd it works?