GSSAPI for various murder component setups

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jun 13 16:05:34 EDT 2012

On 06/13/2012 03:57 PM, Stephen Ingram wrote:
> There seems to be quite a bit of information on the Website about
> setting up a murder configuration. Most of the documentation, however,
> seems to be centered on basic authentication. Is there a good resource
> somewhere to using Kerberos to setup the communication between the
> mupdate, frontend and backend servers for mupdate, imap and
> replication processes? I see some configs in the distribution conf
> directory from CMU setups, but they are only partially complete and
> based on Kerberos 4.

Hi Stephen,

I'm not aware of any documentation at all, but it would be nice to have
that.  We're running a murder configuration at CMU and we use kerberos
auth between servers.  Please feel free to ask any questions you need
and I'll do my best to answer promptly.  If you don't even know where to
start, I can try to put together some basic information in an email and
we can go from there.  Perhaps when you get it all working you could
contribute some docs back :)

Thanks!

Dave