OT: Thunderbird very slow synchronizing

"Clément Hermann (nodens)" nodens2099 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:22:58 EDT 2012

Le 31/07/2012 14:46, Paul van der Vlis a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> At a customer Thunderbird works very slow synchronizing with Cyrus using
> the IMAP protocol. E.g. opening a folder takes many seconds.
>
> Other clients (Thunderbird and non-Thunderbird) are working fine with
> the same Cyrus IMAP server.
> Do you know this problem? (I have seen it before).
This looks like an index problem on the client side. Maybe you could try
to ask your customer to do a right-click -> property -> repair on theses
folders. If that doesn't work, it will have to stop thunderbird.exe and
destroy the local folders to force thunderbird to start over.

> Do you know how to debug it at the server side?  (Cyrus 2.2.13-19 from
> Debian stable).

You can try to compare what happens with a working client using
telemetry logs : just create a directory with the same name as the
userid (say, toto at example.net if that is what your customer uses to log
in) in /var/lib/cyrus/log (it must belong to cyrus). You'll get all a
log containing all IMAP/POP3 commands for this account.

Cheers,
--
Clément Hermann (nodens)