CC destinations dropped

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Jul 20 07:01:22 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-07-19 at 19:22 -0400, brian wrote:
> A client of mine is complaining about not receiving certain messages.
> Her colleague is also being sent them and receives them just fine. She
> insists that they are not being sent to her junk folder and that she has
> no filters that might be moving them elsewhere.

You can check for existence of a SIEVE [filter] script
in /var/lib/imap/sieve/{letter}/{username} [you path may vary a little,
but something like that].

You can grep -d recurse
{message-id} /var/lib/spool/imap/{letter}/user/{username}/* to see if it
is really there.  It may be there event if deleted and expunged if
delayedexpunge is enabled.

Otherwise it is almost certainly an MTA issue.

> I believe the problem does not involve postfix, as pipe appears to be
> sending both. It looks to me as if lmtpunix is looking at just the one
> address and thinks there's a duplicate. Note the two duplicate_check
> lines, both of which reference the julia account. I've sent a test
> message and indeed the duplicate_check again referenced only the julia
> account again, and admin did not receive it.

Where is the e-mail coming from?  It is possible it really is a
duplicate message-id?  some real-world devices recycle message ids [our
Xerox document centers do].

>    postfix/pipe[26606]: 66E757A25FC: to=<admin at DOMAIN.ORG>,
> relay=procmail, delay=0.2, delays=0.16/0/0/0.04, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent
> (delivered via procmail service)
>    postfix/pipe[26606]: 66E757A25FC: to=<julia at DOMAIN.ORG>,
> relay=procmail, delay=0.2, delays=0.16/0/0/0.04, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent
> (delivered via procmail service)

"delivered via procmail" ???