[SOLVED] Re: Set quota "none" using Cyrus::IMAP::Admin

Greg Banks gnb at fastmail.fm
Wed Jan 18 08:18:44 EST 2012

G'day,

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012, at 01:18 PM, Wolfgang Breyha wrote:
> Ram wrote, on 17.01.2012 12:17:
> > I am using cyrus-imapd-2.4.12-2
> > As Wolfgang suggested using
> > $imap->setquota("user/$user") removed the quota.
>
> Looking at the code of Cyrus::IMAP::Admin there is no code checking for
> "none"
> or something like that. There are two ways to "craft" a proper IMAP
> command.
> First the way I described setting no STORAGE argument at all resulting
> in:
> SETQUOTA id ()
> to remove quota.

That's the correct way according to RFC2087.

> And second setting
> ->setquota(<-id->, "STORAGE", "-1")
> resulting in
> SETQUOTA id (STORAGE -1)
> what Bron suggested. That should also work IMO. At least on 2.4.12+.

And that isn't correct according to RFC2087.  It works only because the
server is deliberately not enforcing syntax correctly, to workaround a bug in a
different part of the code.

> The man page of Cyrus::IMAP::Admin does not describe how to remove quota
> at
> all. Neither "none" nor anything else. Nothing wrong in that part so far.

You're right, that documentation is quite unclear.

This reminds me, we need to update the documentation on the master branch
to mention the other resources we support there.

--
Greg.