Migrating Cyrus Servers

Dominique Couot dcouot at terra.es
Tue Jan 17 06:57:41 EST 2012

Hi,

I am in the process of changing hardware, and want to migrate all my
processes from one server to another. Most of it went ok, till I hit a
wall with Cyrus.

The old server was running under Ubuntu 10.04, the new one Ubuntu 11.04,
with their respective Postfix and Cyrus versions.

I reinstalled Postix, Cyrus and SASL, amavasd and other protection
goodies from the ubuntu repository. I copied my different config files
from the old server to the new one, as well as the entire mail archive
(/var/spool/cyrus/...).

Both Postfix and Cyrus servers are running ok, authentication works as
well (tested with imtest), however when cheking the mail.log, I only see
authentication against localhost and not the domain...

Furthermore, when connecting through a client (roundcube), connection
goes through but no mailbox is encountered (ERROR message) but lets you
in anyway.

Any idea where I have gone wrong ?

Thanks,

Dominique