migration and seen flag

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Wed Jan 11 09:30:32 EST 2012

Bron Gondwana wrote, on 06.01.2012 17:53:
> Seen data is only stored in .seen files for shared or other user
> mailboxes.  The seen data for the mailbox owner is stored in the
> cyrus.index.  This has two benefits:

Hmmm, I'm running 2.4.12/13 on my backends now. All mailboxes were migrated
from 2.3.16 using murder rename. I've
seenstate_db: skiplist
in my imapd.conf and I see .seen skiplist files in
$CONFIGPATH/user/<hash>/$uid.seen as always. And this for mailboxes which are
not shared. Only the user himself has access rights.

Is it the seenstate_db setting overruling your general statement above? man
page says that skiplist is default for seenstate_db?

Or are these leftovers which get removed with the completely undocumented
cyr_userseen tool? -d does it for real then looking at the source, right?

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria