migration and seen flag

Ron Vachiyer proutfoo at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 10:17:26 EST 2012

> Do you know what format the seen files are in on the old server?  I think
> you should be able to copy them across with the rest of the mail spool
> using rsync, but the default database format for seen might have changed.
> The default in 2.4 appears to be skiplist.
>
> Check the setting seenstate_db in imapd.conf.

Hello,

On the old server there is no setting for seenstate_db actually specified in the config, however it seems to be skiplist since on a restart it logs;

imapd[27028]: skiplist: recovered /var/lib/imap/user/v/viktort.seen

The thing is on the 2.4.13 server I have configured;

seenstate_db: skiplist

however it doesn't create any .seen files like the 2.1.x version, it seems to store seen information in the "cyrus.index" file in each users mailspool directory.  I am using the invoca rpm build, is this a particularity or is there another setting I have to set/unset to imitate the previous behaviour?

Thanks,

Ron