Problem recover replica

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Feb 16 07:32:49 EST 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012, at 01:22 PM, Manel Gimeno Zaragozá wrote:

> Hello Bron,
>
> Regarding your integrty check, could you please paste it?

It's a big hairy piece of perl.  Latest copy attached.

> It could be a good guide to made my own, as right now I'm doing the following tree checks:
>
> 1) number of mailbox and ACLS (diff md5sum of "ctl_mboxlist -d")

Fair enough.

> 2) number of emails in /var/spool/imap (find -type f /var/spool/imap)

Ouch!  You can afford that?  That's a lot of stat IO.  We use the cyrus.index
information.

> 3) du of /var/spool/imap

That's unlikely to be an exact match... particularly if you have delayed expunge.

> Anyway, I guess you run your script with both (MASTER & REPLICA) stopped, because if they are not I don't know how to compare if MASTER is receving info all the time.

We try three times with a 1 second delay.  Usually get a clean read.  If not,
then we look at it.  Occasional false positive, but not too noisy.  We don't
stop things.

> Lastly, I've noticed that in /var/spool/imap/ there are two folders "sync." and "stage.", could you please provide some information about them, because in my checks I've had to exclude them.

stage. is used by imap APPEND (and pop, and nntp, and lmtp)
sync. is used by replication.

In both cases, they are a temporary location where uploaded files are placed
until upload and integrity checks have been completed, before being copied into
their final spool location.

Regards,

Bron.
--