Cyrus 2.4.13 memory use

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Wed Feb 8 11:51:38 EST 2012

David Carter wrote, on 08.02.2012 17:19:
> It looks like 3000 IMAP sessions are going to take around 8 GBytes of RAM
> just to run, and we will need to buy additional RAM for buffer cache. This
> isn't the end of the world: memory is cheap. I'm just curious if anyone
> else saw a similar increase when upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4.

Short answer. Yes, I did;-)

2.3 on RHEL5 32bit => 2.4 on RHEL6 64bit and memory usage is more then
doubled. My two old frontends had 4GB (completely exhausted, some swap) each,
now I'm using three VMs with 10 (6.5 used).

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria