Injecting a mail folder into a users inbox/restore from backup

Nic Bernstein nic at onlight.com
Wed Dec 12 09:37:44 EST 2012

On 12/12/2012 08:16 AM, Michael Neumann wrote:
> Am 12.12.2012 10:20, schrieb Sebastian Hagedorn:
>> It pays to read the archive:
>>
>> <https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2012-January/035731.html>
> Yes, sorry and thanks, that clarifies it.

For what it's worth, you can also set expire times, for specific
mailboxes, via annotations.  We frequently use a script like this to
handle such a task on a regular basis, to accommodate users who delete
and recreate mailboxes we wish to handle exceptionally:
#!/bin/sh
#
# set_cyrus_annotations.sh - Set the standard annotations for the Spam,
#                            Trash and systems mailboxes so they expire
#                            properly.
#
USER=<cyrus user>
PASS=secret
HOST=localhost

cyradm -u $USER -w "$PASS" $HOST << _EOF_
mboxcfg systems expire 60
mboxcfg user/%/Spam expire 7
mboxcfg user/%/Trash expire 2
_EOF_

Also, as to documentation, the Kolab folks have some good info available
here
<http://www.cyrusimap.org/%7Evanmeeuwen/cyrus-imapd-2.4-docs/Administrator_Guide/html/chap-Administrator_Guide-Deleting_and_Undeleting_Messages_and_Folders.html>,
including a step-by-step guide to locating and restoring (via cyradm
rename) deleted mailboxes.  This is the way to go, and the Perl example
there shows how to make sense of the datestamp on folders in the DELETED
hierarchy.

Cheers,
     -nic

Nic Bernstein                             nic at onlight.com
Onlight, Inc.                             www.onlight.com
219 N. Milwaukee St., Suite 2a            v. 414.272.4477
Milwaukee, Wisconsin  53202