(important) cyrus-imapd 2.4.16 released

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Thu Apr 26 10:12:38 EDT 2012

Bron,

sorry, somehow I forgot about this mail!

--On 19. April 2012 20:04:04 +0200 Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:

>> I think I've read all the available information regarding the issue,
>> but I'm still confused. We're still running 2.3.x for production,
>> but I have a test system with a copy of the production data. We use
>> fulldirhash. When I installed 2.4.14, I encountered the hashing
>> issue. So now I ran the rehash script after updating to 2.4.16:
>>
>> $ time /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/rehash -v -F /etc/imapd.conf
>> you are using /var/lib/imap/sieve as your sieve directory.
>> i will also hash partitions.
>> converting configuration directory /var/lib/imap... mkdir
>> /var/lib/imap/lock: done
>> user quota done
>> sieve /var/lib/imap/sieve... rename /var/lib/imap/sieve/global to
>> /var/lib/imap/sieve/V/global: done
>> done
>> partition /var/spool/imap... done
>> partition /var/spool/imap2... done
>> partition /var/spool/imap3... done
>> partition /var/spool/imap4... done
>> partition /var/spool/imap5... done
>> partition /var/spool/imap6... done
>>
>> real	0m7.232s
>> user	0m5.639s
>> sys	0m0.227s
>>
>> Just seven seconds? And I don't see much actual rehashing, except
>> for the global sieve directory. What am I missing?
>
> Are your directories already hashed correctly?  It doesn't move anything
> it doesn't have to!

Well, that's the question, I suppose. I'm thinking that I may have
misunderstood the issue. The production server running 2.3.14 is a 32-bit
RHEL 3 system. The VM I'm using for 2.4 is a 64-bit RHEL 5 system. Its Perl
binary uses 32-bit ints. I thought previously that I would have to rehash
the 2.3 spool for that to work, but now I start to think that I don't,
because the hashing algorithm hasn't actually changed, and the Perl part
has been fixed. The only problem would have been trying to use the broken
Perl code in 2.4.14. Is that correct?

Thanks, Sebastian
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.