initial synchronization while rolling replication

Dmitry Banschikov d.banschikov at hostcomm.ru
Tue Apr 17 10:20:17 EDT 2012

Hello.

I have two nodes - first is master and second is replica.
cyrus-imapd version on master is 2.4.13 and on replica 2.4.14.
I have configured rolling replication from first master node to replica.
When I try to synchronize all user mailboxes in parallel to running
rolling replication - it seems that syncserv process deletes mailboxes
(in log file there are a log of messages like:
Apr 17 13:24:45 backend2 syncserverin[1647]: Deleted mailbox
domain!shared.box
Apr 17 13:24:45 backend2 syncserverin[1647]: Deleted mailbox
domain!shared.box2
Apr 17 13:24:45 backend2 syncserverin[1647]: Deleted mailbox
domain2!shared.box3
Apr 17 13:24:45 backend2 syncserverin[1647]: Deleted mailbox
domain!user.user
Apr 17 13:24:45 backend2 syncserverin[1647]: Deleted mailbox
domain3!user.box4
)
Syncserv process with PID 1647 serves rolling replication (I see it from
log file - another syncserv process serves synchronization of one user
mailbox - which I explicitly have asked via sync_client -l -u user at domain).

Why syncserve deletes these mailboxes and what is the proper way to
initially synchronize all user mailboxes from master node to replica?

--

Dmitry Banschikov