Lock problem with mupdate

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Apr 17 05:10:09 EDT 2012

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 04:41:57 -0400 Dave McMurtrie wrote:
> lsof so you can find out what file descriptor 9 is that read() is blocking on.  If it's the socket to your mupdate server, figure out why it isn't responding.

Thanks. Indeed it is the connection to the mupdate server:

mupdate 7395 cyrus    9u  IPv4            3273817      0t0     TCP eg-mailfrontend-febe.intern.elgouna.tu-berlin.de:40362->172.26.17.69:mupdate (ESTABLISHED)

So we have to investigate why we can ping in both directions, why the
frontend can autheticate on the mupdate server and why the answer doesn't get
through.

Thanks so far,
Frank Elsner