seiveshell problem

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Sep 22 09:42:37 EDT 2011

On 22/09/11 13:41 +0200, Michael Plate wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to add a sievescript for somebody else than me.
>
>sieveshell --user=theuser --authname=cyrus localhost
>
>logs in flawlessly with cyrus credentials.
>
>But I can't list any script for "theuser". If I connect with my own
>credentials (user a/o authname) I see my scripts (uploaded by Squirrelmail).
>sieve scripts reside in /var/imap/sieve/[a-z]/"theuser"/ and are owned
>by cyrus:mail .
>
>Runs on Gentoo Linux with cyrus-imapd 2.3.16 and cyrus-imap-admin (Perl
>tools etc.) same version.
>
>Any ideas ?

Your 'cyrus' identity will need to be configured as a 'proxyservers' user.
Consider using a distinct user for that purpose.

Make sure you are not authenticating with LOGIN or CRAM-MD5, because those
mechanisms do not support proxy authentication:

http://www.cyrussasl.org/docs/cyrus-sasl/2.1.25/mechanisms.php

Given a timesieved entry of

         sieve cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

in /etc/cyrus.conf, you can restrict the list of server mechanisms offered
for sieve with

sieve_sasl_mech_list: PLAIN DIGEST-MD5 [...]

in /etc/imapd.conf.

--
Dan White