search failure

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Sep 15 19:31:18 EDT 2011

Querying a Cyrus 2.2.13 server on a Debian Lenny system (via python's
imaplib) I get the following failure after about 50 successful queries
that are similar.  Can anyone help me understand what the problem is?

error: SEARCH command error: BAD ['Missing required argument to Search
header']

The search command used
(HEADER SUBJECT "Re: Worst Admin Mistake? was --> Re: /usr broken, will
the machine
  reboot ?" HEADER DATE "Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:53:00 -0400" HEADER FROM
"reidac at bellatlantic.net")

I previously discovered the using the entire field of the original from
(including the textual name and angle brackets around the edress) always
failed to match.  Any insights into that would be great too.

Background: I read messages off of Google's IMAP server and then
searched for them in my local mailbox to see if they had been
forwarded.  Not all were.

Thanks.
Ross