Migration using imapsync

Mogens Melander mogens at fumlersoft.dk
Thu Sep 15 08:10:46 EDT 2011

Hi Guys

I realize that this is probably not a Cyrus problem, but the imapsync
community don't strike me as responsive. And you guys know everything :)

I'm trying to move from an old uw-imap to Cyrus 2.4.8 using imapsync 1.456.

So far my main problem has been the lack off useful documentation on
imapsync's part. Specially on the --regextrans2 parameter. I managed
to figure that one out by 2 days of Googling and trial-error attempts.

My remaining problem is, how to create parent folders for sub folders.

The uw-imap folder structure is flat (a list of files) so i would like
to get related stuff into a tree structure using subfolders.

I got a bunch of --regextrans2

	--regextrans2 's#^BURAPA$#Biker Stuff/BURAPA#' \
	--regextrans2 's#^BikeWeek$#Biker Stuff/BikeWeek#' \
	--regextrans2 's#^Biker Events$#Biker Stuff/Biker Events#' \
	--regextrans2 's#^Hard Rock$#Biker Stuff/Hard Rock#' \
	--regextrans2 's#^John Daytona$#Biker Stuff/John Daytona#' \

Resulting in correct created subfolders

	user/testuser/Biker Stuff/BURAPA at example.com (\HasNoChildren)
	user/testuser/Biker Stuff/BikeWeek at example.com (\HasNoChildren)
	user/testuser/Biker Stuff/Biker Events at example.com (\HasNoChildren)
	user/testuser/Biker Stuff/Hard Rock at example.com (\HasNoChildren)
	user/testuser/Biker Stuff/John Daytona at example.com (\HasNoChildren)

Using Squirrel Mail as client, i would like to collapse those
folders, to only show "Biker Stuff (unread/total)".

For this to work, i need the parent folder

	user/testuser/Biker Stuff at example.com (\HasChildren)

To be created. I can do that manually in cyradm or Squirrel Mail, but there's
too many parent folders needed for each user to do it by hand.

Any ideas as to how this can be done. Either by imapsync or some clever script?

Zenwalk 6.4 Core
Linux 2.6.30.5 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 14 11:49:43 CEST 2009
i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

--
Later

Mogens Melander

believed to be clean.