Never-ending bug with recontruct - MISSING FOLDERS

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Wed Sep 14 04:42:12 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I think I've posted already here about this some years ago about this
problem and I'm disappointed that cyrus reconstruct seems to still have
the same bug. Although last time I was able to circumvent it, this time
I am left out without any solution, and my users are very angry now !!!

Let me explain :
I have to switch to a new server and moved the cyrus mailboxes on it.
Most of the migration is working, but some folders are missing !!!

In fact all data is on the disk, but cyrus reconstruct decided (still
this absolutely STUPID bug) do ignore folders containing only subfolders !!!

Example :
Archives/ (contains messages) will be included
Archives/2009/ (contains messages) will be included
Archives/2010/ (contains folders) WILL NOT BE INCLUDED !!! AND :
Archives/2010/janjun/ (contains messages) IS NOT INCLUDED
Archives/2010/juldec/ (contains messages) IS NOT INCLUDED

In my example, all 2010 email archives are missing !!!

I tried everything I think :

1. cyradm
 > reconstruct user.psmith.Archives.2010 at domain.com

2. delete cyrus.header and restart cyrus

3. ???

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Denis