deliver.db to big size.

Manuel Vazquez titocereal at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:00:40 EDT 2011

Ok. thx for the aid.

I`m waiting is the last questión over deliver.db, and sorry for my poor
english. When finish the cyr_expire command, how has long  the file size?
I suppose the size of the file is delimited by the flag -E.
If the -E flags is the number of day recording, then the size file is
determinate by the traffic on the days stored and the numbre of this days
stored?

Thx for the aid.
2011/9/12 Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org>

> On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 12:40 +0200, Manuel Vazquez wrote:
> > Thx for the information. This solution is similar to: ctl_deliver -d >
> > flat_text_file?
>
> Sure, ctl_deliver is just a command specifically for the delivery
> database.
>
> >  Is not possible do query with other tools?
>
> Depends on the format of the file.  Is the delivery database Berkley,
> flat, or skiplist? [the "file" command can probably identify the type if
> it isn't explicitly declared in imapd.conf).
>
> On the other hand - what are you trying to do?  There isn't really
> anything all that interesting in delivery.db.
>
> > Other question i execute the next command: cyr_expire -E 3 -X 2 -D
> > 180. The documentation say this command deleted all the registrer more
> > old of 180 days. But this deleted the file stored to delete in the
> > trash of mailbox?
>
> Doesn't have anything to do with "trash";  trash is a [IMNSHO] *very*
> misguided MUA (Mail User Agent / Client) "feature".  cyr_expire deletes
> from the server messages and/or mailboxes that have been
> expunged/deleted (for messages) or deleted (for mailboxes).
>
> Only -E has to do with delivery.db
>
> <QUOTE>
> Prune  the duplicate database of entries older than expire-days. This
> value is only used for entries which do not have  a
> corresponding /vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/expire mailbox annotation..
> </QUOTE>
>
> -X and -D only mean anything if you have delayed delete enabled (which
> has nothing to do with delivery.db).
>
> You can add the "-v" option if you want to see more info about what
> cyr_expire is doing.
>

> ----

Manuel Vázquez.
Técnico Informático.