Deleting unused or dormant mail accounts.

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Sep 12 00:03:07 EDT 2011

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011, Andres Tarallo wrote:

> Hi !!!
>
> I'm administering a mail server with a few thousand mail accounts. Due
> to the way this organization works we have in this server some
> accounts that aren't checked.
>
> In order to get a list of mailboxes to be removed we're looking the
> date the file username.seen was last modified. Do we have a better
> strategy?
>
> Thanks in advance for your advice. Regards

That's probably a good method for seeing when the user last opened the
mailbox...  I think the seen file is only updated when a user reads a
message.

You can also look at the mailbox annotations to see the 'lastupdate'
annotation timestamp.  I think that is a timestamp for when the
cyrus.index file was last updated, which should correspond with the last
message that was delivered.

You can view the mailbox annotations using cyradm with the "info" command,
like so:

localhost> info user.morgan
{user.morgan}:
   condstore: false