deliver.db to big size.

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Sep 11 12:05:11 EDT 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 01:34:12PM +0200, Manuel Vazquez wrote:
> Hi, i'm newbie in the cyrus world. I am admin junior of 1 system of
> corporate mail. In 1 instance of de cyrus imapd i detect the deliver.db file
> have to big size (more de 5GB). I two question over this file.
> 1. This file have the traffic info of mailbox user?

Are you running cyr_expire daily, like this? (it needs to
be in cyrus.conf)

EVENTS {
    checkpoint cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
    delprune cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
    tlsprune cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

If you need to change your config to add cyr_expire, it is safe
to shutdown Cyrus and delete the deliver.db, then start it up
again.  We delete deliver.db on our systems every time we shut
down Cyrus.

> 2. I'm problem with the space on the filesystem on cyrus imapd run. Could i
> move the file deliver.db to other filesystem and soft link to this for not
> lost the information?

No, sorry.  If you are running Cyrus 2.4.9 or later you can move
the deliver.db by setting the config variable duplicate_db_path.
Otherwise softlinks won't work, so you have no option with earlier
Cyrus versions.

Also, skiplist files are limited to 4Gb in size.  There is an
open bug for this.

> Thx, and sorry for my poor english.

I assume you speak Spanish?  Hopefully there are other Spanish
speakers on the list who can help you as well!

Regards,

Bron.