Testing: Exim, Cyrus and invalid header lines

Anthony Tibbs (Trinimex) anthony at trinimex.ca
Wed Sep 7 14:25:12 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

This is, at present, only a test message.  I am setting up a new box
with Cyrus and Exim, but my experience has always been with Postfix.
For some reason, messages from the Info-Cyrus list -- and so far, ONLY
messages from the Info-Cyrus list -- are being rejected by Cyrus LMTP as
having an invalid header.  Now testing to see what the cause is.

I've managed to get Exim to strip blank Message-ID: headers, which I
know Cyrus doesn't like much, but I'm not sure that is it.

Why does Cyrus have to be so fussy?

(Watch, this message will come back to me just fine.)

- Anthony