Bulk deletion of mailbox ACLs under Cyrus 2.4.4

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 12:57:38 EDT 2011

On 31/08/11 16:20, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently trying to recursively remove all ACLs from part of a Cyrus
> tree so I can replace them with newer ones based upon group membership
> rather than individual users. However I can't seem to get this to work
> at the moment using a wildcard under cyradm:
>
> localhost>  cm public.mcatest
> localhost>  lam public.mcatest
> user1 lrs
> user2 lrs
> localhost>  dam public.mcatest *
> localhost>  lam public.mcatest
> user1 lrs
> user2 lrs
> localhost>  dam public.mcatest user1
> localhost>  lam public.mcatest
> user2 lrs
>
> I've also tried using the "anyone"/"all" aliases instead of "*" but that
> doesn't seem to work either - is anyone able to point me in the right
> direction as to the correct syntax to completely remove all ACLs for all
> users from a mailbox?

Just for the archives: I managed to find an alternative solution to my
problem. I ended up analysing the output of ctl_mboxlist -d and then
writing a bit of perl to generate an output file with the same format
for just the mailboxes I was interested in changing but with no ACLs. I
then fed the resulting file into ctl_mboxlist -u and as if by magic the
job was done :)

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS