cpu and cyrus

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Fri Sep 2 00:54:59 EDT 2011

On 9/1/11 5:28 PM, Dan White wrote:
> On 01/09/11 15:25 -0700, Maria McKinley wrote:
>> On 9/1/11 11:49 AM, Dan White wrote:
>>> Do you use any group ACLs? It looks like your imapd process may be
>>> waiting
>>> for a group list enumeration to complete, via an nss ldap plugin.
>>>
>>> If so, and you are using the default 'auth_mech: unix' group
>>> authorization
>>> config, this is not a recommended configuration per:
>>>
>>> http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.10/overview.php#aclauth
>>>
>>> Doing so can cause performance issues.
>>>

>> I don't think I am using group ACLs, as I don't remember setting it
>> up, but haven't been able to figure this out definitively. How can I
>> tell if I am using any group ACLs? Am I trying to index on groups? I
>> remember setting up to index on different things, but can't find where
>> this is set up, so maybe I am making this up. Feeling way over my
>> head, sorry, and thanks so much for your help.
>
> IMAP group ACLs are prepended with 'group:', and would look like this in
> cyradm:
>
> localhost> listacl user.test
> test lrswipkxtecdan
> group:wheel lrswipkxtecda

Thanks. Turns out that is what I was looking at, I just don't have any
groups set, so didn't see anything. I guess that isn't the problem,
then. I rebuilt a few mailboxes that were showing up in the runaway
processes. So far I haven't had any processes go nuts, but still too
early to know for sure.

~maria