Replication of delayed deletes/expunges

Guy wyldfury at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 07:02:33 EDT 2011

Hi,

On 19 October 2011 17:38, Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 04:58:35PM +0100, Guy wrote:
>> I've just started playing around with Cyrus replication and I've got a
>> set up with chained replication working nicely. I haven't tested
>> delayed expunges yet, but delayed deletes don't appear to work on the
>> replicas. The master server does a delayed delete and I can see the
>> renamed mailbox in the list of mailboxes, but on the slaves the
>> mailbox is simply deleted.
>>
>> I'm running imapd 2.4.12. Below are the configs for the main master
>> and slave. Am I missing something extra needed for the delayed deletes
>> to propagate as delayed?
>
> It should sync-log the delayed folder and then rename on the replica
> as well.  As far as the replica is concerned, it was just a:
>
> RENAME user.foo.sub DELETED.user.foo.sub.$TIMESTAMP

After some experimentation I've found that sub mailboxes behave as
expected but if the top-level mailbox is delayed deleted on the master
it is immediately deleted on the replica.

I've tried enabling the "allowusermoves" on the master and replica to
allow the account to be renamed but this has not worked.

Is this the expected behaviour for the top-level mailbox or is there a
way around this?

Thanks
Guy

--