db upgrades in 2.4.x?

Zachariah Mully zmully at smartbrief.com
Wed Oct 19 10:42:22 EDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 09:22 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On 10/19/2011 03:21 PM, Zachariah Mully wrote:
>> On 10/19/2011 06:24 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:>
>>> Just the upgrade should copy the seen data in - but note it needs to
>>> be done
>>> with the NEW code, you won't get a reindexing just by reconstructing
>>> with the
>>> old reconstruct.
>>
>> You mean using 2.4.12's reconstruct? I am doing that, but it's not
>> migrating Seen state. Is (-r) not enough?
>
> How are you doing it precisely? -r should be plenty. What does it say in
> syslog?

1) I'm rsyncing the mailbox and the seen.db file over from our 2.2.13
server (rsync -avpH --force --delete) .

2) I delete the thunderbird imap cache file (just to be sure)

3) I'm running a reconstruct -r user/zmully/Drafts

4) Open the mailbox via thunderbird

In the case of my Drafts folder, it's mostly read deleted mail, with a
couple of read undeleted drafts (2.2.13). But looking at after moving
and reconstructing it, it shows an odd number of unread, undeleted messages.

So a bit baffled....

I'm not getting any output from reconstruct -r in the logs other than:
Oct 19 09:28:16 mail reconstruct[18856]: reconstructing user.zmully.Drafts

Thanks,