db upgrades in 2.4.x?

Zachariah Mully zmully at smartbrief.com
Wed Oct 19 09:21:10 EDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 06:24 AM, Bron Gondwana wrote:>
> Just the upgrade should copy the seen data in - but note it needs to be done
> with the NEW code, you won't get a reindexing just by reconstructing with the
> old reconstruct.

You mean using 2.4.12's reconstruct? I am doing that, but it's not
migrating Seen state. Is (-r) not enough?

> The mailbox will be reindexed at the moment when it first gets opened.  The
> rest will be re-indexed by cyr_expire when it runs regularly, if nothing
> touches them before then.
>
>> 	Is it possible to trigger a reindex manually of a single mailbox? How
>> are others dealing with this?
>
> Just open it, it will upgrade.

My hope was to hold any incoming mail and logins during the migration,
and then trigger reindexes of the hottest mailboxes on the system before
allowing connections back to it. Basically, targeting inboxes and sent
folders, so that the server isn't swamped with indexing as soon as
everyones damn smartphone logs in. Something like $cyr_reindex user/z*
user/z*/Sent, then cyr_expire can take care of everything else during a
nightly run.

Thanks,