singleinstancestore obsolete?

Wolfgang Breyha wbreyha at gmx.net
Wed Oct 19 07:38:27 EDT 2011

Bron Gondwana wrote, on 19.10.2011 12:27:
> On Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:18 PM, "Wolfgang Breyha" <wbreyha at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is singleinstancestore obsolete/useless in 2.4.(12)?
>>
>> This option is read into "singleinstance" in lmtpd.c and nntpd.c, but never
>> used afterwards? Or did I miss something searching the source?
>
> Hmm...
>
>         r = append_fromstage(&as, &content->body, stage, 0,
>                              (const char **) flag, nflags, !singleinstance);
>
> Looks to me like you missed something.

Obviously;-) Sorry for that.

The main reason I was looking into these things was, that I'm searching for
the best way to migrate a 2.3.16 backend with ~4TB spools and ~80k users to
2.4. Unlike my other backends this one profits pretty much from
singleinstancestore (many massmailings) and I don't want to loose these
savings if possible.

Simply upgrading the backend is impossible. The index upgrades will kill this
machine.

Since replication is not a possible way from 2.3.16 to 2.4 I tried to figure
out if a simple XFER takes care about that. But it doesn't as far as I can tell.

Do you know of a possible way to do that? Even if it's not trivial in the
first place.

Greetings, Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Breyha <wbreyha at gmx.net> | http://www.blafasel.at/
Vienna University Computer Center | Austria