2.3 to 2.4 Murder upgrade

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Oct 14 19:16:27 EDT 2011

I finally have some time to work on upgrading our Cyrus Murder
installation from 2.3.16 to 2.4.12.  We have 3 backends, 3 frontends, and
a mupdate master, all separate systems.

When I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3, I had to upgrade the backends first.
Otherwise, the 2.3 frontends would issue commands that the 2.2 backends
didn't know yet.  I see the following note in the install-upgrade guide:

Upgrading from 2.4.5

     New config option: suppress_capabilities, which takes a space
separated list of capabilities which will NOT be given in any imap
capability response. This can be used on frontends to not display
capabilities that older backends don't have, so clients don't get confused

This leads me to believe that I should upgrade the backends to 2.4 first.
Is that true?  Has anyone done a Murder upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4 and can
tell me what order they upgraded the hosts?

Thanks!

 	Andy