Cyrus Postfix LMTP tuning

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Fri Oct 14 15:06:24 EDT 2011

>> lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 50
>> lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = 5000
>> lmtp_connection_cache_on_demand = no
>> lmtp_data_done_timeout = 3600s
>
> Why do you set lmtp_connection_cache_on_demand = no?

I had issues with the cached connections.  I don't remember the
specifics, just that things improved when I turned them off.  It might
be a mis-configuration on the number of clients versus the number of
allowed servers.

John

--
John Madden / Sr UNIX Systems Engineer
Office of Technology / Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana

     Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand
     the concept, you should think of Free as in 'free speech,' not
     as in 'free beer.' -- Richard Stallman