Index upgrade problems after cyrus upgrade

Ramprasad ram at netcore.co.in
Wed Oct 12 21:30:42 EDT 2011

On 10/13/2011 6:39 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 05:33 +0530, Ramprasad wrote:
>> I just upgraded cyrus on a busy Imap server from 2.3.x to 2.4.6 ,
>> problem is with lmtp delivery.
>> All lmtp deliveries from postfix are hanging forever.
>> I think this is due to the "Index upgrade" that is going on .. Is there
>> a way I can speed up the index upgrade
>> I have 2000 users and only 200 users index upgrade is complete till now
>> in last 4 hours
> Are you letting index reconstructs happen on-the-fly or are you doing a
> reconstruct of the mailbox(es).  A reconstruct will rebuild the indexes.

I just sent a mail to all mailboxes , so lmtp delivery will do a Index
upgrade.
Reconstructing will be much heavier , I think.

Is there a way I can do a Index-upgrade only ?

Also I have a few more servers to upgrade .. but if this is going to
take so long , upgrade may not be possible. Only if I could upgrade the
Index before really upgrading cyrus then this would work