What is this ? ERROR: message has more than 1000 header lines

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 4 10:44:12 EDT 2011

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 06:28:51PM +0530, Ram wrote:
> I can see errors like this in my maillog  ( cyrus 2.4.6 on Centos 5.5 )
>
> Oct  4 18:18:11 node1 lmtpunix[10901]: ERROR: message has more than 1000
> header lines, not caching any more
>

> What do these errors indicate ?

An email with over 1000 lines of header.  Which is insane.  We added this
check because some broken giant messages were causing giant cyrus.cache
files, which made everything else slow.

The message isn't a problem - but I do recommend checking where those
messages are coming from, because they're probably broken in other ways.

Bron.