rooling replication and many pop3d

Andy Bennett andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org
Tue Nov 22 09:52:40 EST 2011

Hi,

> I enabled replication between two servers with version 2.4.10 cyrus.
> I set the option for the rolling replication, and it works fine but
> obviously I have a high CPU load.
> Unfortunately after 10 minutes of running processes pop3d increasing
> from 50 to over 200, making the server unusable for customers.
> Can you tell me why this increase is abnormal?

Can you use something like 'top' to work out which processes are
consuming most of the CPU time?

Can you use something like 'vmstat 1' to show us how much I/O there is
on the system?

Are most of the pop3d processes sleeping in iowait?
Do you use any other servers such as the impad?

Regards,
@ndy

andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org
http://www.ashurst.eu.org/