Cyrus-imap configuration issue

Rajeshwar Bharathi rajeshwarbharathi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:14:32 EST 2011

Hi,

I have configured cyrus as specified above

here is my latest config files
------
FILE NAME: /usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf
------
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb
------
FILE NAME: vi /etc/imapd.conf
------
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
#sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
# uncomment this if you're operating in a DSCP environment (RFC-4594)
# qosmarking: af13
#new entries
allowplaintext:yes
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb

Errors:
[root at aws1234]# cyradm --user cyrus --server localhost --auth plain
Password:
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: authentication failure at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 120
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with plain as cyrus

Please guide me with the next steps.

Raj

--
Rajeshwar BM