cyrus.index file

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 7 11:29:18 EST 2011

On Monday, November 07, 2011 9:30 AM, "Adam Tauno Williams" <awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> Quoting Adrian Kovacs <adriankov at gmail.com>:
> > how can I check if a user deleted a mail ?
> > Is there is history somewhere?
>
> If you are using delayed expunge [*HIGHLY* recommended] then this is
> pretty trivial.  Otherwise I think deleted/expunged is just gone.
>
> > How can I read the cyrus.index file?
>
> cyr_dbtool is one option.  Other you can use cvt_cyrusdb to dump a
> database to a text file.
>
>   cvt_cyrusdb  [ -C config-file ] <old-file> <old-format> <new-file>
> <new-format>

Neither of them are any use with cyrus.index, which is its own custom format.

The attached bits of perl can read most of the more modern cyrus.index
file formats (I haven't backported to version 6 from 2.2.x).  Some perl
skill required to make it all work though - and you may need to strip
out the dependencies on FastMail specific stuff.

> > We are using cyrus & postfix, and would like to check if a user deleted a
> > certain mail
>
> You might have something in your log file(s).  But logging an
> individual deletion seems unlikely.

If you turn on auditlog, you'll get all expunges as individual log items.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm