Cyrus IMAP and prtoblens with slow DNS

Lucas Zinato Carraro lucaszc at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:04:36 EST 2011

When I have a problem with DNS cyrus imapd becomes extremely slow.
A simple test: "telnet imap 143-server.com" takes about 15 seconds to
display the banner.

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 ID LITERAL + ENABLE = MUPDATE mupdate: / /
mupdate.com / STARTTLS AUTH = PLAIN SASL-IR] domain.com Cyrus IMAP Murder
v2.4.12 server ready

With DNS working properly the banner is displayed instantly.

Is there any way to disable the  name resolution for cyrus?

Many MTAs have this option to speed up the deliver process.
I dont find any similar option in man imapd.conf

Regards
Zinato