Cyrus Murder - Move mailbox with user connected -

Lucas Zinato Carraro lucaszc at gmail.com
Wed May 18 19:20:16 EDT 2011

I make some tests and find problems moving mailboxes with users online:
( Cyrus 2.4.8 )

Move with

RENAME user/lucas.carraro user/lucas.carraro  server2.prevnet!default

In frontends and backends:

allowusermoves: 1
disconnect_on_vanished_mailbox: 1

When i move from server1!default to server2!default

In server1  lock remains:

<config_directory>/lock/lucas.carraro.lock
<config_directory>/lock/lucas.carraro/Sent.lock
<config_directory>/lock/lucas.carraro/Project.lock
<config_directory>/lock/lucas.carraro/Trash.lock
<config_directory>/lock/lucas.carraro/Drafts.lock
<config_directory>/lock/lucas.carraro/IBM.lock

In server1 <spool_imap>/l/user/lucas^carraro/ remains with messages,
but subfolders are deleted.

* All mailboxes moves to server2 , and  all delivery continue normally in
server2
all deleted mailboxes  DELETED/user/lucas.carraro/ moves normally to server2

If i try to move back: (server2 -> server1)

I receive a error: "Server unavaiable for this operation"

if i remove in server1  <config>/lib/imap/lock/lucas.carrar* and
<spool>/imap/l/user/lucas^carraro/*
i can move all mailboxes from server2 to server1.

But locks and principal mailbox remains in sever2.

* Exist another parameter to force discconnect ?

Regards
Zinato