Vacation Not Working...

Gary Mills mills at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu May 12 13:48:26 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 10:33:28AM -0500, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 08:59:48AM -0600, Nathanael D. Noblet wrote:

> > >Find a message that should have triggered a vacation response.  Check
> > >the envelope recipient and header recipient of this message.  They must
> > >match to trigger vacation.
> >
> > Sent from a google account. I sent the sieve script in a previous message.

> That's the envelope sender, used for error returns like non-delivery
> reports.  Nothing will be sent to that one.  I don't know if sieve
> vacation uses it, but it wouldn't work if it did.  It may also be an
> indication of a message that should not receive a response.

Look what I found in the sieve vacation document
(draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-07):

   "Vacation" is used to respond to a message with another message.
   Vacation's messages are always addressed to the Return-Path address
   (that is, the envelope from address) of the message being responded
   to.

That's your problem.