sieve and SASL

Chris Conn cconn at abacom.com
Wed May 11 17:35:03 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to get sieve working with a RPM distro of Cyrus I built
using Invoca.  I believe my problem is caused by timsieved not
advertising LOGIN or PLAIN capability and causing the client
(horde/ingo....) to fail`;

"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.4.8-Invoca-RPM-2.4.8-1.el6"
"SASL" ""
"SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation imapflags
notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
"STARTTLS"
OK

after SASL is "", which usually has;

"SASL" "PLAIN"

in other implementations I have seen.  The error I see in horde/ingo is;

There was an error activating the script. The driver said: No supported
authentication method found. The server supports these methods: , but we
only support: DIGEST-MD5,CRAM-MD5,EXTERNAL,PLAIN,LOGIN

I note that horde/ingo seems to not see any useable authentication
methods and therefore fails.

Is there something I forgot to set somewhere to allow sieve to use PLAIN
or LOGIN?

Thank you,

Chris C.